My surgeries

Even though I was under medications (Pentasa and Azoran)  after my crohn's diagnosis in Feb 2012, my condition worsened over the months and had to be under the knife for the first time in my life in June 2012 for an ileostomy. My ascending and transverse colon were removed. Currently, I just have a part of my descending colon and sigmoid colon. Ileostomy reversal was done in Sep 2012. Reversal was an expected one but what was least expected was the surgery I had to undergo in November 2012 to release adhesions. Three open abdominal surgeries in a span of 5 months was really daunting, both physically and mentally. But as the saying 

When you have hit the rock bottom and survived
There are very few things in life that can scare you

Eventhough the disease was on and off all these years, through trial and error I have  found ways to live with the disease.

 Crohns will definitely bring the strongest version out of us.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curtain raiser

Back to Square One..