Life Before Crohns

I had the world at my feet. I was placed in a well reputed IT company at the age of 20. I was a passionate and a dedicated worker who never hesitated to extend my working hours or to work round the clock to accomplish my tasks. Eventhough we were settled in Chennai, as my home was very far from Tidel park (the place I worked), I stayed in a hostel. As I was working in an aggressive project ,  I would be the first person to leave for work from my hostel and the last one to return. My working hours were so erratic that I had no time to have food properly or to think of anything else other than work. On top of all these, I also enrolled for my MCA thru distance education to be on par with all my engineering peers. I was working during most of the weekends so that I could utilize my comp-offs during exams. I was biting more than I could chew and was running the rat race, day in and day out. As my project was a huge success, I received many accolades and also an opportunity to travel onsite (Colorado, USA) for a long term assignment. I was so happy and proud that all my hardwork has finally paid off without having the slightest inclination that in order to fulfill my dreams, my ambitions, my commitments and my responsibilities, I have been neglecting my health all the while and it would backfire one day.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My surgeries

Curtain raiser

Back to Square One..