Why I jumped into the blogwagon?

I was first diagnosed with crohns disease in the year 2012. The scan report revealed that most part of my large intestine was inflammed. I was completely devastated when the doctor briefed about crohns. As that was the first time I was hearing about such disease, I reckoned that my life has literally come to an end. The question 'why me?' kept lingering on my mind. I understood from the doctors that crohns is a chronic, lifelong illness which has no cure as the cause for crohns is unknown. I was not ready for the life-long ordeal. More than the physical pain, the emotional pain was indescribable. With the limited information I had on crohns and with a 2 year old daughter by my side, I wondered if I can ever be a good mother to her and lead a normal life with this terrible disease . Eventhough this disease has taken a toll on me and has derailed my successful IT career ( I did make a comeback), it has taught me some life lessons. 

Over the years,  I have come across various challenges and issues and have found ways to overcome them. I would be sharing my journey, lessons learnt and the best practices I follow in the upcoming posts. The intend of  this blog is to motivate and reassure all the intrepid IBD warriors who are fighting this battle day in and day out. Let's stay connected and bolster each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curtain raiser

My surgeries

And the misdiagnosis continued...