Curtain raiser

On the personal front, I got married in the year 2008 and we were blessed with a beautiful princess in 2009 by normal delivery. A top notch career, an understanding husband and with the arrival of my princess, what more I could wish for in life? But God had other plans.

Two to three weeks post delivery, I developed mouth ulcers, eye inflammation followed by diarrhea and fever. I had nausea and bloating as well. Visited a general physician, but to no avail. As my condition worsened, I got admitted in a multispeciality hospital. Seeing my lean frame, doctors suspected of tuberculosis and took all possible tests, but all results came negative. I was on IV fluids with antibiotics and antidiarrheal. My mother and sister took care of my baby while my husband was with me in the hospital, 24/7. I was feeling guilty for not able to take care of my one month old baby. I was discharged after a week of hospital stay. The doctors prescribed some vitamin tablets as I was quite frail. In the meantime, my baby had also shed weight when I was at the hospital. My husband took us to his native, as a change of place and nutritious food would help us to revive. My mother in law took extreme care of us. Within days, my health started improving. I was able to eat normally and also gained a few pounds. The same reflected on my baby as well. She also gained weight and I felt my life has got back on track. 

But it was just a beginning of my life-long ordeal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My surgeries

Back to Square One..